10/30/2010

"You are hereby called to serve.........."

...... in the EVERETT WASHINGTON MISSION!!!!

  Well it's not Russia like DP was hoping for:)  But this is pretty much the next best thing & he's still pretty excited!  We've been told by a lot of people that it's a beautiful part of the country & he's always been a rain-lover so that's not going to bother him one bit.  He reports to the MTC (Missionary Training Center for those followers who are not LDS:)) on February 2nd.  Which is perfect because DP just got a seasonal job with Costco that ends in January...  Funny how these things just work out, huh?  Time to save some dinero for that mish... and a RAINCOAT!;)

Here's some shots from "The Opening!"  The last 2 came out blury (In my defense, I was operating the video-camera as well!) but it's pretty clear what I was trying to capture:

Most everyone that was there to support our future missionary... Feel the love DP!:)

Opening..........

Again... Blury but those are definitely smiles all around!

One proud Mama!:)  Those are tears of joy that he didn't get called to...  well, basically any 3rd world country or anywhere that would send his finger back to us for a ransom!:)


  Now the REAL countdown begins!


  I can speak for my whole family (This is David's oldest sister, Lonna, doing the blogging, btw... Mom wanted me to make that clear...) when I say that we are all so proud of you & this decision you've made to serve our Father in Heaven, DP.  It's such a sacrifice for a missionary to willingly give 2 years of your life to this great work & you are no exception.  But I know that the Lord has prepared/is preparing some brothers & sisters there in Washington for you to reach out to & teach the Gospel.  You've set quite the example & set the standards high for not only Jase & Shey, but your NEPHEWS & younger cousins, as well.  I know the Lord is going to bless you for all these things... We love you D!

1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to get on here and leave a message for a while now. First of all, we tease Lonna about her addiction to blogging but I so appreciate her creating DP's and Jenessa's blogs. It is and will be great to have a written record of our experiences during these missions. I'd never thought that it would be a family journey but it so is. From the very begining it has been amazing to see, feel & experience the changes, blessing and even trials that just deciding to go on a mission has brought into our home. I am so thankful for the choices that the kids are making and for the examples they are to me. I'm extremly thankful that DP finally received his call and that by the time it came he was ready to accept where and whatever the Lord asked of him. I think by then, I was even ready to accept something other than Mesa Temple Mission;) Any way, thank you to all of you who love us, give us your support and keep us in your prayers. We are so excited to be able to have these experiences and are just really look forward to all that is in store:)

    ReplyDelete